Friday, November 6, 2015

Thanks for eggs!

I just finished having a yummy toasted bagel and egg sandwich. One of my favorite ways to do breakfast. For some reason, eggs have started tasting really good to me in recent years, especially cage free or organic eggs. If you haven't compared a typical grocery store egg with an organic or cage free variety, you don't know what you are missing!

Beyond the fact that I like eggs, I am reminded of a story that was told to me by my now 90 year old friend Joe, who is a Holocaust survivor. After the war, he lost his entire family, except for his sister. He found her in a hospital after the war recuperating from her concentration camp experience. When Joe asked his sister what she would like to eat, she replied "Oh, I would love to have an egg!" What a simple and profound thing. Makes you feel pretty darned grateful for all of the food choices you have each day, right?

So, I'm grateful for eggs. Share with me what you are grateful for today as we continue the month long 'attitude of gratitude' here on the blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankful for your friendship.... you're eggscellent! ;)

BHanson said...

I also had an egg with some potatoes for lunch today. This year, I've rediscovered eggs for myself, and also like the cage free/free range style. When I pay $5 or so for the eggs (sometimes directly to the farmer), I feel like I'm telling them thank you for taking care of your chickens. Happy chickens lay happy eggs which help me be healthy and happy.

Sandy Thibault - Life Coach said...

I am so grateful for getting to have a surprise visit today from a good friend and we had coffee at Starbucks with the red Christmas cups! No matter where either of us are we always make it a point to get together when the Christmas cups come out to celebrate our friendship.

Karen DeBaun said...

Thanks for these great comments everyone. An unexpected benefit for me is that I am expanding my thoughts about being grateful each time I read one of your posts. Life is VERY rich indeed!