Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Things My Yoga Students Say

One of the true gifts of being a yoga teacher is when you hear your students comment about how they have used what they have learned in yoga class in their own day to day lives. Yesterday, as students were gathering their things after class, a student stated "I love that you have taught us that we can do Mountain Pose when we are waiting in line. I did Mountain this weekend while waiting and I could feel the tension come out of my shoulders. Then I started thinking, boy, I bet the rest of the people in this line don't even know they could be doing this!"
Ah...the beauty and power of yoga practice! When we can take the lessons we are learning on the mat and start applying them in daily life, we begin to live our yoga. I hope you have an opportunity to take your yoga "off the mat' this week in some small or big way.
Be present. Be Peaceful.

No comments: