Saturday, December 19, 2015

One week from today....

In one week, the Christmas holidays will be over! After so much preparation and lead-up to the Holiday, sometimes the last week of December and early January can feel kind of like a letdown.
I think this may be yet another reason that the tradition of New Year's Resolutions got started (someday I'll have to see if I can research the origins). Certainly the end of one calendar year and the start of another year is a point in which we look back at the year that was, and begin to consider the year that lies ahead. Maybe we are also just a bit bored and discontent with the status quo, the darkness of winter, or not feeling our best after too many holiday parties, goodies, and dealing with tiresome relatives!

January 1st is a new beginning (although I'd argue that each moment and each day is an opportunity to start again) and a new year full of potential and possibility. I hope that all of you will join me in time together "on the mat" in 2016. If you are reading this as a potential "yogi" I encourage you to contact me by phone or email if you have questions about whether Yoga Moodra classes are a good fit for you. Have a look at the website for class information and read through the detailed description of the January Workshop titled Live Your Yoga: Love Your Body and Transform Your Health (meant just for those New Year's Resolutions!). Be deliberate about making some healthy decisions for yourself in 2016.

In the meantime, enjoy the next week. Merry Christmas!

No comments: