Monday, December 7, 2015

Slowing down

As the holiday season ramps up, sometimes it can start to make me a bit anxious as I try to "get everything done." This season, I am trying to be deliberate about slowing down. If you were in yoga class last week, I was repeating the theme of doing one thing at a time and being deliberate about each action. Unfortunately, we can see examples everywhere we go of people rushing and getting exasperated and it typically does not bring out the best in us!

So breathe deeply this December. Take time for walks and exercise and yoga and make deliberate choices about what is best for you and your family this holiday season. Use your yoga training to stay focused and calm and come back to your breath when you start to feel frazzled or stressed.

As a reminder, this is the last week of Yoga Moodra classes for 2015!!! I hope that all of you will plan to attend the FREE class and Holiday celebration that I have planned for next Monday December 14th. It is my gift to each of you this season, as what I love the most about holiday time is parties, celebrations, connection and TIME TO BE WITH others I care about.

Have a terrific week! Take it slow! See you on the Mat!

No comments: