Thursday, December 3, 2015

Reasons Why

Some of you may be wondering why I am choosing to offer the month-long yoga workshop in January called Live Your Yoga: Love Your Body and Transform Your Health.

First of all, I am really passionate about helping and supporting people to be their best. In my job as a therapist (clinical social worker) I help people "change their minds" about how they approach life problems and help them find their own internal resources to move through painful experiences.

Second, as many of you know, the practice of yoga has been a hugely important and healing part of my own life. (I have a page on my website called A Healing Journey that tells more about this if you are interested!) When you come across something that has been super helpful to you, naturally you want to tell others and hope that they can enjoy some of the benefits that you enjoy. This is the reason I became a yoga teacher: so that I can share the power of yoga teachings and practice with others in the hopes of making my small corner of the world a bit better place.

The workshop is intended for anyone with a desire to make some changes for the better in the New Year. For some, that may be weight loss, for others, it might be a change in their eating habits in order to feel better physically. I believe a reason why we struggle with healthy living is, at its core, a faulty belief system that we are somehow "less than" or unworthy of self love. Add a layer of shaming that is often a part of our consumer culture and media as a way to sell us products so that we will be prettier, less stinky, or somehow, just better to be around, and you have a recipe for people starting to feel a bit of self loathing or a lack of measuring up.

 I hope that you'll consider attending the workshop if any of the above resonates with you. Sometimes if we have tried before and not felt successful at meeting a goal, it can feel scary or pointless to keep trying. I'm here to say that YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT and deserve to be at your very best every day.

No comments: