Sunday, January 8, 2017

Celebrate and Savor

As many of you know, I am not a huge fan of winter and in particular, the month of January. This year,  I am trying to change my mind about winter and find ways to celebrate and enjoy the season we are in. Yup, windchill and all!
My yoga classes all begin for the new year this week. I am hoping to develop some themes for classes around finding ways to celebrate and enjoy what winter brings. Winter should be a time to seek warmth and connection, a time to cozy up with a good book and warm tea, a time to reflect and rest and dig deep. Expect some class time that is restful and restorative, along with class time that fires up our internal heat where we will play with the notion of Tapas (persistence, dedication, heat and discipline).
I can't wait to see all of you again and to welcome some new yogis to our group. May this month of January be full of warm reunions, connections, and a sense of belonging. Til then, drink something warm and soothing, light a candle, wear warm gloves and a hat, and eat good foods with some spice and heat so that you feel nourished, warmed, and satisfied. See you on the mat!

No comments: