Monday, April 18, 2011

Slowing Down

This weekend, I have been trying to work on a yoga DVD that I can make available to students to use for their home practice. What a lesson in patience! Technology is not my first love...so I struggle with taking the time that I need to learn how to use it effectively. I also have a hard time shifting gears, so when I have it in my head that I am going to accomplish something, it is hard for me to move on and do something else, leaving the original task for another time. Thank goodness for yoga! It allows me time to be on my mat, to let go of whatever irritations of the day have lead me to an impatient and grumpy mood. I can slow down and realize that the things that annoy me are really pretty insignificant in the big scheme of things. Things have a way of getting done eventually....even when I am impatient with the process! So, my intention for today will be to slow down, take my time, and breathe deeply!!

No comments: