Friday, August 6, 2010

Hurry Up!

For most of this summer, I have felt a need to hurry. Instead of time to relax and reflect, I am out of my usual routine and have dealt with a whole series of ups and downs (graduations, death, sadness, celebrations, etc!). Now that it is August, things have calmed down just a bit. The only problem is...I am STILL racing around, feeling scattered and as though there are not enough hours in a day. Sometimes I am rushing....simply out of habit!

Yoga practice is one way that I can stop hurrying. I can slow down, be mindful of the moment, and even find some space to express gratitude and thanksgiving for my abundant blessings.
I plan to try to put the rest of August to good use....I certainly have an ongoing "to-do list", but I also want to use this last month of summer to rest, to relax, and to do my tasks with greater awareness and care. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Soak up some sun today!!
Peace,
Karen

No comments: