Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A field

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. Meet me there." Rumi

I ran across this quote today and it struck me because earlier this week I had attended a diversity training in which we talked about not needing to convince each other that our opinion or ideas were the "right" ones. This quote reminds me that in yoga, we seek to get in touch with our true nature, the divine that is in us....and in everyone else too.

I plan to consider these words of Rumi the next time I listen to TV news, or anywhere that people are working really hard to convince me that the world is somehow "us" vs. "them". I think there is a field between us....a place where we are the same and all is perfectly well.

May you have a balanced and peaceful day!
Karen

No comments: