Saturday, February 6, 2010

Inner Peace

Over the past month or so, I have been writing about some of the Health Benefits of Yoga from a published list from Yoga Alliance. Here's the last on the list....

Inner Peace:
The meditative aspects of yoga help students to reach a deeper, more spiritual and satisfying place in life. For many who began to practice yoga as a form of exercise, over time, the peace that they find becomes an essential part of their daily lives.

I know that this peace is the reason that I keep coming back to yoga. Yes, I have increased my strength and flexibility physically...but it is the way that the practice helps me find strength and flexibility in thought and mood that is the true payoff. Just yesterday I found myself crabby and irritable...for no real reason (other than perhaps a bit of sunlight deprivation). I went to a yoga class hoping for some relief...and found it! The focus of the practice and the time it provides to simply "be" is an absolute gift!!
May you find peace and satisfaction today.
Namaste

No comments: