Sunday, October 18, 2009

Taking time

Like most folks, I tend to get wrapped up in my "to do list" and often end up feeling overwhelmed...and just frustrated that there are not enough hours in the day. Sometimes, this feeling even has me worrying about whether or not I have time for yoga practice or other forms of exercise.

What I have discovered about myself is that I tend to get more done when I have some scheduled "me time" to do yoga, go for a walk, etc. Part of why I love yoga so much is that it helps me in so many ways....not only is it a wonderful form of exercise, but it also fills a need that I have for time each day to be quiet...and to simply focus on the moment at hand. So really....even though I sometimes wonder if I have time for yoga....when I take the time to practice....it is better than any other multi-tasking that I can do!!! I end up restoring and energizing my body, calming my mind, and finding a focused attention that I can bring to the rest of my day.

I still have my struggles with feeling rushed and overwhelmed, but at least with a regular yoga practice, I am able to find times when I just sit back and notice this urge that I have to rush through things....and then I can make a different choice.... realizing that usually there is no pressing need to hurry....just an old habit of feeling that I need to move quickly. Old habits die hard...so I have to keep up with my yoga practice so that over time, I can create a new habit that is more relaxed, aware, and gentle.

I'd love to see some posts from some of my readers of this blog...what do you like about yoga??? How do you see it creating changes in your life (big or small!)?
Peace,
Karen

No comments: