Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Do you like Peace?

One of the neighbor kids came up to me today and said "Do you like peace?" I misunderstood her, so replied "do I like peas?" She then pointed to my shirt and said, "no...do you like peace..your shirt has a peace sign and the shirt you wore yesterday had one too!" Then I said, "well, yeah, I do like peace".
This short interchange just got me thinking...of course in my own sarcastic way, I thought first to myself "I like peace, what would she think...that I'd like war??" As I continued to think about it, I was glad that she noticed that I like peace. Makes me think that I'd like others to realize that I like peace too....and without having to advertise it on a shirt.
I am not thinking of peace just as the absence of war (although that's a wonderful idea!) but rather, as a state of being and presence. One of the things that I am drawn to in yoga is the peaceful and relaxed state I encounter at the end of practice. Hopefully I am able to take some of those moments off the mat by interacting with others in a more peaceful and loving way.
So once again, from the mouths of babes come these beautiful statements of honesty and truth. I do like peace....and just for today...I will try to live it in my actions.
Have a PEACEFUL day!

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Just reading this made me feel more peaceful! Thanks for the focus.

Karen DeBaun said...

Tammie....thanks for the comment...nice to know someone is looking at this blog! :)