Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Oh So Grateful!

For those of you in my Yoga Moodra classes, you already know that I often encourage students to take a moment during final relaxation to consider what they are grateful for. A gratitude practice helps us recognize all of our blessings, and helps us remember to appreciate both the big and little things in life.

Allow me now to count a few blessings of my own. I've had a couple of amazing gratitude moments in the past week. A few days ago, one of my yoga students took the liberty of adding Yoga Moodra as a business on the YELP  website and took the time to write a lovely review! Another cool moment: at the end of class yesterday, one of my students stated "You are becoming very important to us!" At first, I was befuddled, I didn't realize that she was talking to me and talking about her experience in yoga. Needless to say, I was touched by the compliment, as well as deeply aware that I need to step away from getting too "ego involved" in these kinds of statements. Yes, I think I am a darned good yoga teacher, and I am thrilled beyond measure when I receive a compliment or endorsement from one of my students. But I also know that it really goes way beyond me because yoga has power and the capacity to be a life changing practice !!

I've said it before...I consider being your yoga teacher one of my life's great delights and a true honor. My hope is to make yoga available in a non-threatening and non-competitive environment so that students can begin to get in touch with their own capacity in body, mind and spirit. Thanks for the kind words you all share with me...I am touched and I deeply appreciate it. I love it even more when I hear you quote my words from class, as I recognize that yoga is seeping into your thoughts and attitudes. I'm so glad that yoga has become important to so many of you. That's the goal my friends!!! 

Peace!

No comments: