Monday, June 1, 2015

Teaching Beginners

I had an opportunity to teach a brand new group of yoga students this weekend. Many in the class had never done yoga before. Believe me, I love and adore my long-time dedicated yogis, yet it is always refreshing and fun to introduce new people to the powerful practice of yoga! Nothing brings me more joy than a surprised and delighted beginner that makes comments like, "I never thought I could do yoga" or "that was really fun" or "the tension I came in with has totally disappeared." As I have said before, I have found deep healing for myself on the mat, so when I hear new people getting excited about how the practice might help them physically or emotionally, it is a true thrill.

Thanks to those of you who have been with me in yoga class over the long-term. Your continued practice is an inspiration to me and such a great example to those that are just considering the idea of trying yoga. When you invite a friend to class, you are offering them an opportunity not only for some fun and relaxation, but potentially opening a door to better long term health for them. What a gift!

Breathe deep this week and enjoy the first week of June!! Thanks for sharing your yoga journey with me!

1 comment:

BHanson said...

I am amazed every time I come in and my tension is gone by the end of class !