Monday, June 8, 2015

Staying Present

Without going into a lot of detail, let me just say that today was a challenge. Our dear family kitty has become quite ill and we are really uncertain about what is best for her and for all of us. I guess lots of things in life are like that....you try to make the best choices you can, given the information that is available, while trying to listen to your own heart.

Thank goodness once again for yoga practice! I can't tell you how many times I had to remind myself to just "stop and breathe" today. I know that so many people are facing challenges and decisions much larger than the one my family struggles with today. Whatever problems or decisions you face, remember that the present moment is all that we really have. Enjoy, feel some gratitude, and resolve not to waste a minute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your kitty. Do your best and let Jesus do the rest (quote from Guidepost); this quote I like so much that I have shared with others. I know having a sick pet is hard; we have a Beagle who will turn 13 next month, and he is slowing down every day... Know that whatever decisions you make will be the best for your kitty. Our time will come when we have to make that decision... Pets are family!

Hope solutions come for your kitty.

Karen DeBaun said...

Thanks for your kind words!

Tammie said...

So sorry Karen - didn't realize Allison was sick when you said you'd been to the vet (figured shots and check up). It is very tough - I know the state of mind well. sending you calm thoughts and extra deep breathing to help....TFN