Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December!

I love summer time....but a close second is the Christmas season! I love lighting candles, sitting by a fire, going to holiday parties, listening to Christmas music, and taking some time for  quiet reflection during the dark days of December. Have you noticed that the sunrise is especially gorgeous when it is cold and snowy out? (Plus...I am usually not awake early enough to enjoy a sunrise in the summer months!!!)

I love both the reflective quiet AND the hullaballoo and hectic nature of December. What keeps me grounded and healthy through it all is my yoga practice! If nothing else, yoga is a practice that works on me to stay grounded and to stay present in the here and now.  I can be still and quiet, or energetic and warm on my yoga mat. I get to practice and enjoy feeling strong, stable and deeply connected to all of creation. Talk about some wonder!

Have a lovely December.....if the crowds and hectic atmosphere of the season start to feel overwhelming...take a walk outside. Make a snow angel. Get up in the middle of the night and enjoy the fact that with the winter snow and some amount of moonlight, you can look out a window to a world that is alight, and quiet and still. May a spirit of peace and wonder be yours this holiday season!

No comments: