Monday, June 9, 2014

Time goes by.....

I am in a constant struggle with time. I seem to vacillate between boredom and feeling that time is moving way too slowly, or I am racing around feeling that somehow time is about to run out!
Even when I have enough time in my day, I can catch myself feeling rushed and impatient if I decide that others are moving too slowly.

Yoga practice is my best defense against this push-pull feeling that I have about time management. I remember that it's ok to be still, to move more slowly, and stay connected to the present moment. Really, in the end, this moment, right now, is the only one we have. The past is already gone, and the future is not guaranteed! So it boils down to making a decision about how to live in the present and be content with the gift of time that we've been given.

2 comments:

BHanson said...

My daughter is feeling that now, with school out of session. She's trying to do some yoga at home.

Karen DeBaun said...

I hope she'll try out a class with you at some point!