Sunday, June 15, 2014

Peace for the Planet??

Creating peace in your own life helps to bring peace to the planet. I read these words the other day in my horoscope!! It seems so true....if we can cultivate our own sense of peace and contentment, then we start to interact with others in a whole new way. So, while it may seem a bit lofty to consider that your yoga practice contributes to world peace....in actuality it truly does!

Yoga is a practice, so it is something we need to keep coming back to and working on in order to establish it as a habit. If we experience a bit more peace and calm after our yoga practice, then we have not just benefited ourselves, but others as well. I personally look back at the times when my kids were young and how impatient and intolerant I often was with their behavior.  I think about and wonder what my parenting would have been like if I had discovered yoga when my kids were small instead of when they were in their teens. I can't get those days back, but I hope that as my practice continues, that I will find more effective ways to deal with my impatient and sometimes irritable nature!

Take some time to practice some lovingkindness toward yourself...and then see if you are in a more gentle and forgiving place in your relationships as a result.  Make a choice about what kind of energy you want to sustain personally and watch that energy ripple out into everything that you do!

Blessed are the peacemakers....

No comments: