Monday, June 13, 2016

Peace, Love, Yoga!

As is true for all of us, my heart is heavy after yet another deadly shooting of innocent people. I hope and pray that this time will be the "tipping point," when good people collectively shout ENOUGH!
May we all speak calmly and reasonably to one another. May we seek to understand various ideas and perspectives and to try to make a difference to end the senseless violence.

For now, I pray for guidance. I will return to my yoga mat to practice being still and quiet, trying to discern and be open to how I can individually be part of a larger solution. Yoga is about unity: a bringing together of body, mind, and spirit. It is about shared community and an understanding that we are deeply connected to one another as a human family. So I will begin with my own yoga practice as a way to seek peace and deeper understanding.

May we all work for peace. May we find ways to love and support one another over feeling frightened and separate. Small things done with great love are important and make a difference.

May all people be happy. May all people be healthy. May all people live in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

Karen DeBaun said...

Glad that the post makes some sense to someone!! Thanks for your comment. Peace and health to all!