Monday, May 2, 2011

A new organization promoting mental health

Just ordered (and you will probably see me wearing it as I teach yoga) a t-shirt from an organization called PeaceLove. They are a non-profit arts organization, meant to address the stigma that is associated with mental illness.
As a clinical social worker for the past 25 years....I know that lots of folks struggle with mental health concerns. It is one of the primary reasons that I also became a yoga instructor...and why my company name is YOGA MOODRA (mudra is the name for hand gestures in yoga....I use a play on words and spell it as 'mood'ra...to imply that the practice can impact our mood). I firmly believe in yoga as a method to bring balance to the body, mind and mood.
Anyway...if you are so inclined...google PeaceLove Studios and see for yourself the ways that they are trying to promote healing and wholeness for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.

No comments: