Sunday, January 10, 2010

Something New!

Last Friday I went to a short workshop put on by a "big name" yoga teacher: Rod Stryker. He teaches a style of yoga he calls Para yoga. He spent time discussing some ancient yoga teaching as well as leading us in a "fire" practice meant to "stoke" our inner fire....or spirit. Really fun (challenging!!) and very interesting!
I really love trying out various forms of yoga and taking classes from different teachers. I have my favorite teachers and styles....but I always find that I learn so much when I step out of my usual routine and try something new.
Congratulations to the many of you who are taking your very first yoga class.....you are doing something completely new. I love introducing people to yoga!! May the practice of yoga bring you new awareness and health in 2010.
Please call me, email, or post questions or comments if you have them. I'd love to hear from you!
Peace,
Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen's Tuesday morning class at Aslan is great!

Karen DeBaun said...

Hey Anon...thanks for the kind words!